Biyernes, Pebrero 21, 2014

Ask the iTunes Guy: Cleaning LPs and album artwork wanted (and not so)

I?ve received several questions about cleaning noise on files ripped from LPs, so I discuss that in this week?s column. I also look at two issues with album art on iOS devices: one where it goes missing, and one where it goes sideways.

Cure for grungy albums

Q: I?ve digitized a number of old LPs, and, as to be expected, there is a fair amount of noise on some of them. Is there are software that will let me remove the clicks and pops in these files?

I?ve received several similar questions recently about this. When digitizing LPs?you can do this by connecting a turntable that has a USB connection to your computer or an amplifier that includes a Phono connector and audio out ports?you may find that the resulting music files have a fair amount of noise. I won?t get into the vinyl versus digital sound debate here, but those of us who grew up with vinyl don?t miss these noises when listening to digital music. Far from providing ?warmth,? I find this noise annoying.

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

Source: http://www.macworld.com/article/2098974/ask-the-itunes-guy-cleaning-lps-and-album-artwork-wanted-and-not-so.html#tk.rss_all

iPhone apps reviews iPhone insurance worth iPhone insurance plan buy iPhone iPhone insurance app rates

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento